Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service



"What is marketing? Simply put, marketing is managing profitable customer relationships (Marketing: An Introduction, pg.2)” My customer experience happened when I brought my Tobias Bass guitar from American Music Supply. Being in the market for a new bass guitar I was in talks with a good friend from my church back home in Richmond, Virginia. In a conversation I told him that I needed a nice bass guitar for a reasonable price. As I didn’t have that much money to spend on an expensive bass, and to be honest I’m still learning how to play professionally so I didn’t need anything to extravagant. So he says, “Check out American Musical Supply, you can pay a deposit on whatever instrument you choose and have it shipped out to you once the deposit is made. So I’m like "ok cool sounds like a winner!" He went on to say that they would later take it out of your account monthly which worked perfectly for me because of the way I get paid and planned to save up for the purchase anyway.

So I looked into this later when I got a chance. As I browsed the website I noticed that they had everything I could possibly want in terms of music supply! My biggest fear was going to this website and they had low quality gear or just didn’t carry anything good. Not only that but when you find the instrument you like they have very detailed specs, a 360 view of the desired gear, pictures, and in some cases even a demonstration video. So after checking out my new bass I figured I would call just to get the just of how everything works. I called the customer service line and the automated system was straight to the point, no funny options to trap you into doing business with the computer operator or anything of that nature. When I got in touch with the operator they were nice offered me very valuable information about the instrument. After I purchased the bass guitar and it came to my address I was excited! It was brand new, and the payment structure worked fine!

So anytime I need an instrument I tend to go back to American Music Supply because of the service and available options. On top of this I also recommend this site to all my musician friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment