Sunday, April 24, 2016

Week 3 EOC: My Demographic

According to the book Marketing: An Introduction, my demographic is pointed out for being a generation that is glued to digital technology. Is this the case maybe so. I think this is a very true statement to make as a matter of fact. As I look around even as I type this document I see tons of people around me using Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to communicate different messages to their friends. This makes advertising to my generation so easy to do. Basically all a company has to do is act s though they are taking the role of a persons peer and push the messages to them that’ll way. In chapter 3 on page 73 the book quotes “One thing that all of the Millennials have in common is their utter fluency and comfort with digital technology. They don’t just embrace technology, it’s a way of life.” This is the perfect excuse to push a message our way.

Facebook is the first company that capitalizes off of this access to Social media I mean look at it. Ever since college students got introduced to the brand back when Facebook could only be accessed with a college email address it said,
“This is how to be part of the team.” Meaning that if you are on this platform you are considered my friend and I am considered your friend. Then came along Twitter, which had the same concept of the inner circle vibe giving you access to peer to peer information but only in small bites of information. People were glued to this form of communication. They were like “Hey this is cool” I remember people going crazy about this.


Now we have platforms like Instagram, which is a photo sharing platform that allows you to share photos as a way to communicate without primarily using words. I agree with this we are stuck to our phones and unable to get lose from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment